- This course has passed.
Business Analyst Certification
November 15 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm$450
Session 1: Introduction to Business Analysis – FREE CLASS of 4 HOURS ON 15th NOV (Friday) from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST
• General Introduction of Organization, Project, Structure, SDLC etc;
• What is a Business Problem?
• What is a Project Sponsor?
• What is Project Initiation?
• What is Project Conception?
• What is Cost Benefit Analysis?
• What is Return on investment (ROI)?
• What is a Stakeholder?
• What is buy versus build?
• What is different stages of SDLC?
• Can the BA be outsourced?
• DETAIL CASE STUDY ON A REAL PROJECT
• What is the role and responsibility of a Business Analyst?
• What a BA does NOT do?
• What are the Business Analyst Deliverables?
• DETAIL CASE STUDY: Telecom Domain
Session 2: Detail Requirements and Business Transformation – Regular Classes starts on 16th NOV (Saturday) from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CST
• What are different Project Management Methodologies?
• What is the difference waterfall and Agile (Scrum/Sprint) methodologies?
• What is a PMO?
• How to Coordinate with Development Team?
• How to coordinate with QA Team?
• What is a BRD?
• What is a Requirement Gathering?
• What is a Functional Requirement?
• What is a Non-Functional Requirement?
• What are Security Requirements?
• What are Business Rules?
• What are Reporting Requirements?
• What are Notification Requirements?
• 1st Lab Exercise on a Requirement Gathering(Business Problem, Business Solution) – Real Project.
• What are modes of Requirement Gathering?
• What is Story boarding?
• What is JAD?
• What is One-on-One?
• How to interact with SMEs/Business Users/End Users
• What is Requirement Analysis and Management?
• 2nd Lab Exercise on documenting Business Requirements Document
• CASE STUDY: REAL PROJECT – Insurance Domain
3rd Session: Creating BRD, Activity Diagrams and Control Matrix – 17th NOV (Sunday) from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CST
• What is Project Plan?
• What is Work Breakdown Structure
• What is a Business Requirement Document (BRD)
• Business Process Flow
• Data Element/Data Mapping
• What is Gap Analysis
• What are Wire Frames / GUI?
• What is UML?
• What are Activity Diagrams?
• What are Workflow Systems?
• 3rd Hands on Lab Exercise on Wire Frames, Activity Diagrams and Workflow Systems?
• What is Data Element?
• What is Data Mapping?
• How many types of Data is available?
• What is Static Data?
• What is Variable Data?
• What is Dynamic Data?
• 4th Hands on Lab Exercise on Control Matrix / Data Elements
4th Session: Use Case, User Stories and Real Project – 22nd NOV (Friday) from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST
• What is a Use Case?
• What is an Actors?
• What is a Pre-Conditions?
• What are Post-Conditions?
• What is a Basic Flow?
• What are Alternate Flows?
• What are Error Flows?
• What is a Stakeholder?
• What is Artifacts Review and approval process?
• How to get approval / sign off on the requirement?
• 5th Hands on Lab Exercise / Workshop on writing a Use Case.
• What is a User Story?
• What is a Problem Statement?
• What is an Acceptance Criteria?
• 6th Hands on Lab exercise / workshop on writing a User Story
• CASE STUDY: REAL PROJECT – Finance Domain
Session 5: Requirements Management, Business Process Testing and Defects Management – 27th NOV (Wednesday) from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST
• What is Quality Center / Test Director / ALM?
• What is the difference between Test Director and Quality Center?
• What are the versions of Test Director/ Quality Center
• What is Site Admin in Quality Center?
• What is a Domain?
• How to create a Domain?
• How to create a Project in Quality Center?
• How to create users in Site Admin Module?
• How to assign users to the project in Site Admin Module?
• 7th Lab Exercise on Quality Center, Site Admin Module.
• How to define requirements in Quality Center?
• How to define child requirements in Quality Center?
• 8th Lab Exercise on writing Requirement in Quality Center.
• What is Test Plan in Quality Center?
• How to write Test Cases in Quality Center?
• How to assign Test Cases to Requirements?
• 9th Lab Exercise on writing Test Cases in Quality Center.
• What is Test Lab?
• How to execute Test Cases in Quality Center?
• 10th Lab Exercise on executing Test Cases in Quality Center.
• How to Create Defects in Quality Center?
• How to assign Priority in Quality Center?
• How to take a snapshot in Quality Center?
• How to assign Test Cases to Defects
• 11th Lab Exercise on Creating and Assigning Defects
• How Quality Center is equivalent to JIRA, BugZilla, TeamTrack, Rational Clearquest.
Session 6: SQL, Database and Backend Reports – 28th NOV (Thursday) from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
• What is a Database?
• What is a Table?
• What is Primary Key?
• What is Foreign Key?
• What is a Select Statement?
• What are Insert, Update, and Delete Statements?
• What are SQL, TSQL, and PL/SQL?
• What is Oracle?
• What are the versions of Oracle?
• What is SQL Server?
• What are the versions of SQL Server?
• What is Database testing?
• 12th Lab Exercise on Database Testing
• What is What is AGILE and different framework – xP, TDD, Scrum?
• What is Product Owner and Product Backlog?
• What is Sprint Backlog, Sprint Planning meeting?
• What is Daily Scrum or Daily standup meeting
• What is Sprint Demo and Sprint Retrospective?
• What is Poker card estimation of User story?
• Detail understanding of Business role and responsibility in Agile.
• 13th Whiteboard workshop on Agile Scrum
Session 7: Resume Preparation and Mock Interview – 1st DEC (Sunday) from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CST
– Resume Preparation Tips
– Sample Resumes
– Sample Interview Questions on QTP.
– How to clear an Interview?
– How to build confidence?
– How to crack a QA Interview?
– Mock Interview
The training location is 4099 McEwen Rd, Suite 345, Dallas, TX 75244 (Farmers Branch)